36. Campaign Tactics
Description and Purpose:
Suggested campaign tactics.
Consider the tactics below for inclusion in your campaign ‘tactics toolkit’.
- Media campaign (programs or media-worthy stunts)
- Protest or solidarity marches (make merry, have noise/music)
- Picketing (effective where customers can be made aware of the issue)
- Sit-ins (passive resistance)
- Public meetings or workshops
- Public speeches at events
- Street information stalls
- Theatre performance about an issue (street theatre, film, TV or radio)
- Musical events or song about the issue
- Concerts (with a film about the issue playing in the background and/or to raise funds for the campaign)
- Product’ ‘dumps’ (e.g. throwing away or burning a product - for the media, to draw attention to a product that harms the environment, or uses child labor)
- Picture opportunities (for media)
- Letter writing or postcard campaigns or petitions
These are just a few campaigning methods that could be used. There are many others, and it is also good to develop new and creative tactics.