World Animal Net, co-sponsored by the Women's Major Group, Compassion in World Farming, Global Forest Coalition, Brighter Green, ProVeg International, Africa Network for Animal Welfare, and the Good Food Institute, is hosting a side event at the United Nations Environment Assembly.
The event will be moderated by Janice Cox and Jessica Bridgers of World Animal Net. There will also be a variety of speakers:
- Dr. Dennis Makau, Africa Network for Animal Welfare
- Duncan Williamson, Compassion in World Farming
- Isis Alvarez, Global Forest Coalition
- Raphael Podselver, ProVeg International
- Seth Goldman, Beyond Meat (Video Presentation)
- Zitouni Ould-Dada, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
The goal of the event is to explore the impact of industrial animal agriculture on deforestation, biodiversity loss, and climate change, and discuss innovative solutions to production and consumption patterns to reduce this impact and transition to sustainable food systems.
The event will be held on March 13, 2019.