International Policy Forum
In 2014, WAN established an international policy forum to address significant and emerging international issues in animal protection. The WAN International Policy Forum convenes a diverse group of key representatives in the global field of animal protection to collaborate, network, and develop policy proposals and joint advocacy to advance strategic animal protection policies and their implementation.
Key roles of the International Policy Forum include:
- Explore and discuss the higher political environment relating to animal protection work (particularly UN and OIE work in this field)
- Encourage collaboration and global movement building, especially as regards advocacy
- Develop improved information and advice on the situation in different continents (as well as an exchange amongst continents)
- Facilitate the cross fertilization of successes and opportunities
- Provide a focus for the building of regional and national alliances/consortiums