Module 5: Top Tips
- Use campaigning if you need to demonstrate public support for your advocacy issue.
- To give impact, you must use inspiration and creativity!
- It is vital for a campaign to have both a final aim and interim steps along the way –to provide motivational ‘high points’ to maintain interest and ensure progress towards success.
- Use a range of tactics and actions to keep your campaign interesting.
- Use a range of targeted campaign materials to support your campaign.
- Study other campaigns around the world, making sure to adapt the pick of these to your own situation before use
- To mobilize supporters and the public remember the advice given in Module 4 (on Networking & Alliances).
- Effective use of the media is a winning way to reach the public. There will be useful advice on ‘Media and Communications’ in Module 6.