Media and Communications
This module covers the use of media in animal welfare advocacy, and other communications such as written, ‘face-to-face’ and negotiations. It considers best practice, and the building of effective media and communications strategies – taking into account the difficulties inherent in working on animal welfare issues, as opposed to priority human concerns.
- To understand the use of the media in advocacy strategy.
- To examine various types of media, and how to use these effectively to spread campaign messages.
- To learn about various types of communication, and how to use targeted communications to further your advocacy.
- To learn about the art of negotiation, in order to gain advocacy success.
- To understand the difficulties associated with media and communication work on animal welfare issues; and what is needed to build winning media and communication strategies in this field.