What is Lobbying?
Ways of Lobbying
Building Policy Influence
Gathering Support and Neutralizing Opposition
Timing and Focus
This module looks at the role of lobbying in advocacy. It defines lobbying, looks at the role of the lobbyist and what it takes to become a successful animal welfare lobbyist. Various lobbying issues and skills are examined.
- To understand what lobbying is, and what makes a successful lobbyist.
- To analyze key lobbying issues, such as power and influence.
- To consider various methods of lobbying.
- To examine lobbying strategies for gathering support and neutralizing opposition.
- To gain experience and confidence in animal welfare lobbying.