Module 4: Top Tips
- Make your advocacy work participatory, involving partners, allies and supporters, to build interest and commitment.
- There are both advantages and disadvantages to working in a coalition/alliance. So only take this decision after careful analysis.
- If you form a coalition/alliance, create a small steering group of leaders to run it, ensuring that those chosen are deeply committed to the issue and the coalition/alliance itself.
- Give careful consideration to whether, and how to, involve grassroots groups.
- Take time to nurture and develop your supporters – ensuring that you educate them about your advocacy work and build them up to give their maximum commitment.